Thursday 5 May 2011

Character development - Apple

After deciding on my characters of apple and pears I started to develop the characteristics of them. As I want the apple to be sad and depressed that he can't get up the stairs I need sad faces but then it goes to being happy and smug. So I have started to develop the stages in which the apple will go through sad-crying-angry-thinking-happy-smug-shocked.

Above is the primary drawing of my first entail thoughts of how I want the apple to look. I want the facial features to show the true emotions. I studied my own face in the mirror to capture the right movements and how to make it look like a rather cheeky design.
This is the outline which I'm going to be using for the final outline of the apple. I figured out that I can design one apple and the different sets of facial features and just edit each face on the base layer apple on Photoshop. This saved me a lot of time instead of drawing 360 different drawings and showing the movement also by using after effects I can move the characters about and it will flow and look realistic into an actual moving image.
This is my final apple which im going to put the features onto using a C.A.D

These are the different sets of eyes and expressions made by the eye brows which will be layered on to my apple. Each set match up to different parts of the music and hopefully shall all fit really well together.

Above is an example how I want the crying apple to look with the withering mouth and the apple bubbles up.
Different mouth expressions happy-smug-shocked-crying.

The final scene for the apple. As in my story board the apple trips and falls when the trombone kicks in and he falls off the steps and splatters all over the floor. This was the best way i could show this. Even though have taken a lot of care in shading the apples in i reckon i will use a filter on Photoshop which will give me a rougher look, maybe cut-out effect so it looks like its been digitally re-mastered.

No comments:

Post a Comment