Thursday 5 May 2011

Character development - Pear

Development into my animated pear. Just like the apple I realised that I only need one fully final designed pear and I can manipulate different expressions on to it via Photoshop. This will work for both of my pears as I can change the position and expressions for each individual pear.

The final sketched pear. A lot of shading used and think flow lines to show the curves in the fruit. Also if I add a filter on Photoshop it will come out stronger. I have played around with the design on Photoshop and Cut-out is the design approach I want to take. The reason why I added more shading is that it was picking the texture up properly on my earlier pear below.
Various sets of eyes in the order I want the animation to run and the movements in which the pears shall move and look at one another through laughing etc. The pears emotions are going to run from laughing and joking to confused/slight worried as the apple is thinking about jumping the stairs and the pears didn't think he could make it up. Then to shock as the apple trips over then back to laughter and happy as the apple has failed and splattered.

Brief sketches of how I want the mouth's to look relating to the eyes. This gave me a better idea of how to create the final facial features for the pears.


The final facial features to be added digitally on to the base layer pears.

No comments:

Post a Comment