Thursday 5 May 2011

Inspiration for characters

Just a little secondary research into character building. There has been a lot of various animated fruits in the past put these ones i picked out to research I thought best fitted my chosen words, as there very quirky and very different. As I have mentioned before i want my story to be fun and enjoyable and not too serious. I want people to watch and not have to think too hard about any subliminal messages behind the context of the story.


Through researching various video's I knew how to make my animation seem fun and light hearted. The clip above really cracks me up, its a normal orange which when it moves probably uses stop motion and is a real image and not animated then once that has been done animated human faces have been edited onto of it in which I believe after effects or Istop motion. The title of the clip speaks for what it really is but I really like how it’s quirky witty and entertaining to watch.


The video above is from the same makers, I just love how the story is told. The eggs are all laughing and joking not realising what there actually used for and once one egg is taken out of the packet and cracked to make a fried egg they all get scared. This has quite a few similarities to my animation as the pears will be laughing and bantering to one another and then they don’t realise that the apple finds the courage to jump the stairs and eventually fall and splatters and then it will revert back to laughter and mocking.


One other animation I looked at to help me develop my own idea further was this short series. I came across it through a random search on a database and the reason for choosing it was the actually characters. As fruit is just fruit and can is seen as nothing much more, I really wanted to capture the feel that my apple and pears are actually people and have there own little personalities. Through watching this video I could grasp a better understanding of how I could create this idea. In the clip above the bananas have great essences on there personality and it makes you look at it like an actually person not just a banana with eyes and a mouth on it. Also in relation to this style of capturing the elements of personality this is how Pixar and Disney have become so well known and award winning companies because they understand what it means to the views to see the characters as friends/enemies/ people and start to understand different characters personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment